V FOR VENDETTA | INSPIRED RECIPE FOR EGGIE IN A BASKET
- 1 Loaf of Multigrain bread
- Melted butter for brushing
- Wild blueberries
- Eggs (preferably free range organic)
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- First, cut the crusts off your bread (each nest will need two pieces of bread so budget accordingly). Using a rolling pin flatten the bread out and then gently place into the muffin tin pressing down trying not to tear holes in the bread. Use two pieces to a tin trying to create a cup shape. Then brush a little butter on the edges and inside of the bread so it doesn’t burn. Add about half a tablespoon of small blueberries to each cup as well as half a tablespoon of the cheese.
- Break an egg into a separate container so that you can ensure the yolk doesn’t break, then preciously pour in into a bread cup reserving some of the white so that your bread cups don’t over fill. Do this for each bread cup. Sprinkle salt on top of each yolk.
- Place egg cups into the oven and let bake for 15 minutes. If you don’t like runny yolks leave in for another 5 minutes.
- Serve a drizzle of maple syrup. Then enjoy my favourite part which is cracking the yolk and letting it get messy all over the plate before you gobble it down.
If you found this post interesting, I would be happy if you pin it or share it on Facebook or on Twitter or Google + circles! All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”, “like”, “share”, “tweet”, or “Google+” buttons below the post. It will keep me fomented! Thanks!