No, but really, with fresh veggies and just 10 min prep with a creamy chipotle drizzle, what’s not to love?
You’ll get that extra kick of protein, and be full for hours on end! So who still wants Chipotle for dinner tonight?
Skip Chipotle and try these burrito bowls right at home. It’s easier, healthier and 10000x tastier!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste*
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
- To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
*2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce, can be substituted for chipotle paste.
Adapted from The Garden Grazer
If you found this post interesting, I would be happy if you pin it or share it on Facebook or on Twitter or Google + circles! All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”, “like”, “share”, “tweet”, or “Google+” buttons below the post. It will keep me fomented! Thanks!